We are so excited to announce our first contest!
And we’re even more excited that it includes all Yerds–our Papercreaft Yerds, that is! We were inspired by this great photo from a fellow Herff Jones rep to take our Yerds with us and photograph them in various schools. Then we thought, our schools are even more creative than we are, so let’s throw out the challenge. . . and thus, a contest was born!
GRAND PRIZE: A DEADLINE PARTY (food, music and fun!)
Here are the details:
- Cut out and assemble the Papercraft Yerds on the inside back cover of your last two Discoveries magazines (Vols. 15.1 and 15.2) or click here to download the entire collection. Card stock works best.
- Photograph one, two or the entire staff of Papercraft Yerds celebrating. That’s it–just celebrating! Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas, Rosa Parks’ Day, National Pie Day, National Cookie Day, Walt Disney’s Birthday, Human Rights Day, Boxing Day, National Cocoa Day, National Chocolate Coverd Anything Day (we’re not making these up!),Winter Solstice, or best of all, DEADLINE COMPLETED DAY! Wherever or whatever you want to celebrate with your Yerds is OK with us! Check out this list of awesome days to celebrate for some inspiration.
- If you are not already, become a FAN of TheYearbookLadies on FACEBOOK and upload your best Yerd celebration photo to our wall. (At least one person from your staff must be a Fan on our page to qualify for the grand prize!) Include your school’s name and location in the caption.
- DEADLINE is 5:00PM (PST), SATURDAY, JANUARY 15th!
The fine print:
- You may use other non-paper items as props in your picture; ie. your kid sister’s Barbie and Ken, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figurines, Dancing Santa, stuffed animals, etc.
- No humans allowed in the photo! Let your Yerds be the stars!
- Don’t submit anything you wouldn’t want your 87-year-old grandmother to see.
- All photos will be judged by The Yearbook Ladies (we promise to be impartial) on creativity and execution of the concept.
- All decisions are final. No whining, bribing or lawsuits will be entertained.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and The Yearbook Blog on Monday, Jan. 18th. Entrants need not be present to win.
- Only one Deadline Party will be awarded (restricted to Northern California schools only). Due to practicality, one additional entry from all other locations will win a $25 iTunes card to be delivered via FedEx. No cash will be awarded either winner.
- Still have questions? Leave them in the comments below with a way to contact you or direct message us on our Facebook page. We’ll happily answer all inquiries.
That’s it! We can’t wait to see how you and your Yerds choose to celebrate!