As challenging as the pandemic has been for all of us, we are humbled and heartened by the number of organizations and people who have willingly provided eLearning resources for advisers and young journalists. Herff Jones began collecting — and will continue to collect — teaching resources that reflect the full matrix of needs and situations of advisers everywhere. These files are the work of educators and reps (and many others) who generously shared their brilliance so we could share it with you.
The eLearning content is organized in 5 different categories (and a 6th for you to share your amazing ideas):
Under Year-End Projects (think multiple day projects) you will find:
- Color Theory Project (studying color)
- Pour Your Heart Out (photo journalism)
- Mimic a Master (photo journalism)
- Business Matters (multiple book sales assignments)
- and so much more!
Under Concept and Theme you will find:
- 2 Different Theme Development assignments and all the support materials
Under Yearbook Foundations you will find:
- Weekly Lessons (6 weeks of topics with all support materials)
- Writing Prompts (6 different topics with multiple prompts)
Under Videos and Podcasts you will find:
- Yearbook Planning Videos
- Yearbook Teaching Videos
- Believe in You Video Series (character building)
- Mind the Gutter Podcast (hosted by Herff Jones)
- Episode 27 Making Yearbook Mean More with Sergio Luis Yanes, CJE/adviser at Arvada HS in Arvada, CO
- Episode 28 Mastering Middle School with Jenni Parsons, CJE/adviser at Greenfield Jr. HS in Gilbert, AZ
- Episode 29 Living the Life with Robin Christopher/adviser at Del Norte HS in San Diego, CA
- The Yearbook Whys Podcast (hosted by Mike Simons, MJE/adviser at Corning-Painted Post HS in Corning, NY
- Why Umbrella Coverage with Erin Harris, MJE/adviser at Thomas Jefferson HS for Science and Technology in Alexandria, VA
- How: Theme with Carrie Faust, MJE/advsier at Smokey Hill HS in Aurora, CO
- Top 10 Ways to Finish the Year –Mike Simons
Under Other Educational Resources you will find:
Links to 29 sites offering a variety of classroom support including inspiration, lesson plans, videos, and support for educators.
You can find all the eLearning resources HERE.